4 Benefits Why You Want to Take The Best Barefoot Running Shoes
Minimalist and barefoot running shoes can be comparable. However, they are not exactly the same, depending on your purposes and preferences. Basically minimalist running shoes are the mix between barefoot running shoes, giving as close feel as barefoot running. When runners go for running with their best barefoot running shoes, they are looking for their closest feel like running with no shoes.
Using shoes with thick cushioned heels has only begun since 1960s. Before that, humans ran barefoot or using a thin soled shoe for hundreds of years. In fact, the latest studies have shown that shoes with cushion and support, which are present in modern soils may cause our stride to alter in ways that could sustain in serious injuries rather than preventing it. However, if you are a runner or simply just go to jog early in the morning, barefoot running shoes are the thing that would prevent you from sustaining any injuries.
The fact is that most of the injuries you have experienced as a runner can easily be eliminated if you change your regular shoes to a minimalist running shoes. Other than that, there are many more reasons on why you should opt barefoot running shoes over the regular ones.
1. Rectify your stride – when wearing a regular style shoe, runners strike the ground with heels and push it off the toes. Doing this sends a great impact on the legs and on the shins, hips, knees and back. While runners who wear light shoes normally hit the ground with the outer part of the ball and then roll their foot inwards. This not only assist in reducing the sudden impact, but also shifts the strength to arch of the foot acting as a shock absorber. Humans have been running like this for thousands of years.
2. Running without any pain – As the impact shock being absorbed by the foot, your knees, hips and ankles will be free from any stress they had been suffering. Unlike your feet, these joints and bones are not designed to bear such impact repeatedly. This can be confirmed by a person with an artificial knee. With this unnatural stressor being removed and the arrival of natural impact distribution, it won’t take long until your body will be thanking you.
3. Better balance – You can imagine that the stride switch causes very vital alteration to the foot muscles, which are usually shifted to left. This change also wakens your legs, hips and ankles, which are responsible for improved balance and synchronization. This will help your muscles to be strengthened and you will find that your body is adapting to the changes and keeping your balance.
4. Less risk of sustaining injuries – The newly empowered muscles will help the blood to flow in your feet more efficiently and let you have more control on your legs. There will be no more deformed and blackened toes and injuries or strains that may stop you from running. It’s quite hard to run with a heel-first stride. However, with barefoot running shoes, your toes will never be thrashed.
With barefoot running shoes, you will be connected to the ground. Wearing them, you will be more aware of the ground that is beneath you and react accordingly. You will feel as you are responding to the environment itself. Well, this reason may sound a bit fragile, but for a spiritually minded person, this reason may alone be enough for him to try barefoot running shoes.
Top 5 Best Barefoot Running Shoes
VIBRAM FIVEFINGERS KOMODO SPORT SHOES: The best barefoot running shoes for all-time
- Light-weight and comfortable with excellent footing
- Very compact and easy to wear
- Multi-purpose barefoot running shoes (e.g. shoes for crossfit)
- Look awkward when go for anything either running or walking because of its look
- Not made for long distance running shoes
Vibram FiveFingers Komodo Sport Shoes – 7.5 – Black/Silver/Grey/Gold (41 EU)
Seamless 2mm Footbed Insole - stitching free, to reduce friction and improve comfort
Heel and Instep Hook and Loop Closures - helps pull the upper tight round the contours of your feet so it feels like a second skin
4mm Vibram TC1 Performance Rubber Outsole - offers excellent grip, traction and protection for all cross training activities
Merrell Vapor Glove Trail Running Shoe: The minimalist running shoes that give it the best barefoot running shoes
Merrell Women’s Vapor Glove Trail Running Shoe,White/Purple,10 M US
0mm heel-to-toe drop
2mm cush midsole
Merrell Men’s Vapor Glove Trail Running Shoe,White/Lime,10.5 M US
0mm heel-to-toe drop
External TPU heel sling
M-select FRESH odor prevention
New Balance Men’s MT10BS2 Minimus Trail Running Shoe,Black/Silver,11 2E US
Weight: 6.2 oz (175 grams)
4mm heel-to-toe drop
Nike Men’s Free 5.0 Black/White/Anthracite Running Shoe 9.5 Men US
Flywire technology for ultra-lightweight support
Nike Free Phylite midsole doubles as an outsole for lightweight cushioning, durability and reduced weight
Deep hexagonal flex grooves for a natural, barefoot-like ride